Endurance is the sum of a dedicated marathon, not a long sprint. Take a long moment to picture the length of such a journey. This decisive action is a pledge of allegiance to an expedition often met with hardship. For the bold in spirit, all senses are disciplined into alignment, aiming for the satisfaction of finishing well.
In the ancient book of Hebrews, endurance is a theme highlighted in men and women who remained faithful to their calling and ultimately achieved the unthinkable. From winning epic wars against more powerful armies to birthing a brand new nation. When people look at you or better yet, when you look at you, is endurance part of your life’s summary?
The Webster dictionary tells us that endurance is the ability to withstand hardship or adversity, especially the ability to sustain a prolonged stressful effort. It is also important to know what endurance is not. It is not the type of patience that sits down and accepts life passively, but rather uses patience as a tool to master the situation. Endurance is unhurried yet not delaying meaningful progress (William Barclay). Despite challenges you may face at the job or at home, I would like to offer you 6 keys I adapted from BizJournals.com. to help you succeed in personal endurance.
- Encourage Yourself – Despite consistent rejection, roadblocks, or a bad boss, successful people keep the sweetness of the end prize at the forefront of their mind. It is so real, they can taste it. So don’t forfeit your joy for discouragement.
- Pre-Determine Your Reactions – As you lean forward with a positive attitude, pre-determine that your feelings are not dependent on how others try to make you feel. Remember who you are and not necessarily what you do.
- Eat Well – You can have all the best ideas in the world, but what use are they if you can not be alive to implement them? So eat healthy and go ahead, throw in an expensive ice cream once in a while.
- Rest – Buy the best pillow in the store and turn off all electronics. As you rest, you will rejuvenate your body, brain, and soul. Not to mention prevent more wrinkles.
- Build Your Talents – Ask for an opportunity to make a presentation, a staff report, or lead a project. This will exercise and grow the greatness already inside of you.
- Get a Cheerleader – Surround yourself with people who desire to be your greatest cheerleaders. This might include good old mom. So let her do her thing and just accept it. Finally, it is without saying that perhaps the greatest encourager should be your spouse. That continuous word of affirmation and admiration will breathe life into pursuing your dreams.
Thanks for reading and be an encouragement to someone today!
Special gratitude goes to Bizjournal for their great insights. Please visit them at https://www.bizjournals.com/bizjournals/how-to/growth-strategies/2016/05/how-to-build-the-endurance-you-need-to-achieve.html
For more information on physical endurance please visit: https://www.runtastic.com/blog/en/tips-on-how-to-increase-running-stamina/